Join the team!
Join our team of leading international talents and be part of our fast growing international community of artists.
Construction Photography is the definitive destination for leading photographers specilaizing in the construction industry and built environments. Founded by award winning photographers from editorial, corporate and stock photography markets, we strive to meet the growing need for high quality photography within the built environments industries worldwide.
We are already the largest independent photographic supplier of creative images for the built environments and we believe that specialised niche market libraries are the way forward.
We offer photographers access to a broad variety of markets with more creative opportunities in the digital age. We work closely with our photographers to ensure that their work is created according to the demands of the marketplace.
Our workflow ensure a speedy time to market for your images. We aim to process your submission in approximately two weeks so that your images reach our clients in the shortest possible time. In order to acheive this quick time frame we need photographers to download and read the submission guidelines carefully.
Construction Photography is actively looking for talented photographers of the highest professional standard in America, Europe and Asia.
If you want to submit your images, please follow these steps:
- Register. When registering, select Photographer as your Company type, this will allow us to treat you as a photographer and not a client. Registering with the correct details is very important and will allow us to manage our relationship efficiently.
- Browse the site. Have a good look around, the more you are familiar with us the better you will be able to shoot for the market.
- Submission Requirements. For your imagesto be accepted they must meet our submission guidelines. Read these carefully and use the checklist to make sure your images meet the requirements.
- Send us images! Please send us a TEST selection with a minimum of 50 images on a DVD for the attention of the Library Manager, Construction Photography, 2 Whitacre Mews, 26-34 Stannary Street, London SE11 4AB, United Kingdom.
Submission Guidelines - Brief Outline:
- Images can be submitted either on DVD or on external hard drive.
- Uncompressed 24-bit (8 bits per channel) RGB (Adobe 1998) at 300dpi.
- Tiff format.
- Minimum size 48MB, with no flattening, paths or extra channels.
- Model and Property Releases should be supplied where relevant. Please contact us for an official template.
- Cameras –We accept files from the following digital cameras. 35mm: Canon EOS: 1D(X + Mk1-4), 1DS(Mk1-3) 5D (i-iii), 7D, 40-60D; Nikon: D4, D3(+s/x) D2X(+s), D800, D700, D200-300s and the Leica M8/9. All medium format backs produce sufficiently high quality images to be accepted by us.
- Scanned files – We only accept digital files from scanned film if they have been drum scanned by a professional scanning house or scanned using the approved desk top film scanners from the following list: Imacon 949, 848, 646, 343; Fuji Lanovia Quattro and Finescan; Creo Eversmart Supreme 11, Eversmart Select 11, IQsmart 1,2,3
- Do not use interpolation and Unsharp Masking. We need to assess the quality of the original file.
- Metadata (captions) embedded in the IPTC or povided separately in and Excel, .CSV or Text file.
- Mode and Property release should be supplied where relevant.
New contributors will need to send us a TEST selection with a minimum of 50 images on DVD. This initial selection will be assessed for both technical and creative ability and suitability of the subject matter for our markets. You may find that browsing our website will help you decide whether or not your images will be successful.
Be aware that we are unable to process your submission unless you clearly label your DVD -and NOT the DVD case- with your name, telephone, country of residence and e-mail address. Please also include the number of images on the disk. Please note that we can not return any DVD submitted. Images which are not selected will be deleted from our server.
If your first submission is successful, then you will be supplied with our Contributor's Agreement.
Agencies, Libraries and stock distributors
If you are a photo library not specifically known for holding construction and built environment images, or if you have high quality pictures relating to our market that are rarely requested or bought from your current portal, please let us know. Construction Photography has the ability and the knowledge to represent these images on a dedicated site.
Our customers come to us - and keep coming back - because they know that we have the quality, the breadth and style of images they are looking for. We also have all the website features and functionalities you would excpect from a large stock image provider, but with the personnal high level of service of a smaller photo agency and library. Our website is rated the highest amongst the best stock provider for its usability, relevancy of our search engine, reliability and speed.
Whether you have a bespoke collection of RM imges to aim at a specific market or you would like to distribute Royalty Free imagery and CDs via our virtual CD store, we have the resources and the expertise to license your images to our specific market sectors.
Image Partner Agreement Overview
- Contributor retain copyright and any other intellectual proprety rights of images at all time
- Contributor decides if images supplied are to be licensed on RM or RF or any other licenseing mode available on our website
- Royalties are based on 40% for Rights Managed (RM) and 20% for Royalty Free (RF)
- Images must be submitted as per the submission guidelines
- You appoint Construction Photography as your exclusive distributor for Rights Managed imagery and as your non-exclusive distributor for Royalty Free imagery